3万

帖子

7万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2023-4-4 09:19:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

答案来源:www.ybaotk.com0859 跨文化交际

1.[单选题] The relationship between language and culture is that ____.

答案资料下载请参考
说明

A.    language determines culture

B.     culture determines languageC.     language and culture interact

D.    language and culture are parallel

A.language determines culture

B.language and culture are parallel

C.language and culture interact

D.culture determines language

2.[单选题] In America, you go into a department store but you just want to look without any intention of buying anything. A salesperson comes up to you and asks, “Can I help you?” What should you do?

A. Say, “Thanks, but I’m just browsing.”

B. Say yes and ask for help so you won’t offend the salesperson.

C. Say no.

D. Smile and shake your head.

A.Say no.

B.Smile and shake your head.?

C.Say yes and ask for help so you won’t offend the salesperson.

D.Say, “Thanks, but I’m just browsing.”

3.[单选题] When you want to compliment the new coat John wears you can say, ____.

A.    “I like your new coat.”

B.     “That’s a very nice coat you’re wearing. It must be very expensive.”

C.     “You look much younger in this coat.”

D.    “How much did you pay for this coat?”

A.“You look much younger in this coat.”

B.“How much did you pay for this coat?”

C.“I like your new coat.”

D.“That’s a very nice coat you’re wearing. It must be very expensive.”

4.[判断题] To sound modest and humble was vital to the ancient Chinese people, especially when they communicated with those who were older, higher in socioeconomic position, or more privileged in a specific area.

5.[判断题] Nonverbal communication may only be used in combination with verbal behaviours to convey meaning.

6.[判断题] It is true that one’s own culture is superior to all other cultures.

7.[判断题] Violating a cultural taboo is as serious as violating a verbal taboo.

8.[判断题] In Chinese culture, anything related to privacy or considered personal are taboo.

9.[判断题] In Chinese culture, anything related to privacy or considered personal are taboo.

10.[判断题] Traditional English culture emphasized harmonious relationships between man and nature, between individuals, and between individuals and society.

11.[判断题] English speakers “feel grateful” for many things that seem to us Chinese too trivial to deserve a “thank you”.

12.[判断题] American English differs from British English mainly in pronunciation and vocabulary.

13.[判断题] Cultural mistakes are more serious than linguistic mistakes. The linguistic mistake means that someone is not fully expressing his or her idea while cultural mistakes can lead to serious misunderstanding and even ill-feeling between individuals.

14.[判断题] The East and the West have different perceptions of cosmic patterns, resulting in different approaches to knowledge.

15.[判断题] Culture is a static entity while communication is a dynamic process.

16.[判断题] Culture can be seen as shared knowledge, what people need to know in order to act appropriately in a given culture.

17.[判断题] In referring to animals and birds, the Chinese practice is generally, but not always, to use “公” or “母” to show whether a creature is male or female. This is the same with the English language.

18.[判断题] In intercultural communication, you can only communicate successfully with people who share the same cultural background with you.

19.[判断题] All cultures require and value politeness, but the ways in which politeness is achieved may vary significantly.

20.[判断题] English speakers “feel grateful” for many things that seem to us Chinese too trivial to deserve a “thank you”.

21.[判断题] We should avoid unconsciously adopting our cultural rules and norms in communication in the American or British context.

22.[判断题] Traditional English culture emphasized harmonious relationships between man and nature, between individuals, and between individuals and society.

23.[判断题] Humor is beyond language, and it takes us into the heart of cultural understanding.

24.[判断题] Nonverbal communication may only be used in combination with verbal behaviours to convey meaning.

25.[判断题] The appropriateness of physical contact varies with different cultures.

26.[判断题] It is true that one’s own culture is superior to all other cultures.

27.[判断题] Latin American, African, Arab and most Asian cultures are M-Time cultures.

28.[判断题] The first and last principle for effective cross-gender communication is suspending judgment.

29.[判断题] American English differs from British English mainly in pronunciation and vocabulary.

30.[判断题] Language cannot teach one a culture’s lifestyle, ways of thinking, or different patterns of interacting, for language only means vocabulary, syntax, and dialects.

31.[名词解释] economic globalization    32.[名词解释] gender   33.[名词解释] nonverbal communication34.[名词解释] stereotype35.[名词解释] linear time   

36.[主观填空题] Historically the East has tended to view _______ existence as cyclical and has often characterized worldly existence with the metaphor of a wheel.   (spiritual/material)

37.[主观填空题] Intercultural competence requires sufficient knowledge, suitable _______, and skilled actions. (motivation/movement)

38.[主观填空题] The social functions in which compliments occur ranging from formal to very<u>          </u>. (casual/usual)

39.[主观填空题] In feminine culture, talking is a way—probably the primary way—to express and expand closeness. For women, dialogue creates a bond. Masculine socialization, in contrast, stresses____________ things and shared activities as primary ways to create and express closeness. (doing/talking)

40.[主观填空题] Culture _________ is precipitated by the anxiety that results from losing all our familiar signs and symbols of social intercourse. (shock/norm)

41.[主观填空题] It is important to remember that culture is not a ______________ entity. (dynamic/static)

42.[主观填空题] Most nonverbal behavior is acquired throughout the socialization process and is therefore _____________. (culture-specific/universal)

43.[主观填空题] Edward Hall alerts us to the invisible aspects of culture and nonverbal communication, which he calls as “<u>          </u> language” and “hidden dimension”.

44.[主观填空题] The differences in feminine and masculine styles of communication frequently lead to <u>                 ________</u>in cross-gender interaction.

45.[主观填空题] In broad terms, nonverbal communication covers four areas: time language (temporal language or chronemics), space language (spatial language or proxemics), <u>          </u> language(body movement or kinesics), and paralanguage (voice modulation).

46.[主观填空题] Understanding and appreciation of differences among cultures in cognitive processing and problem solving is a major step toward successful ______ communication.

47.[主观填空题] To develop ____________means being able to see things from the point of view of others so that we can better know and adjust to the other people. (sympathy/empathy)

48.[主观填空题] The purpose of the greeting is to ______ social contact, not to transfer information. (establish/break)

答题] Example A

In 1959, Khrushchov, leader of the former Soviet Union, visited the US. While boarding his plane to leave for the Soviet Union, he used the clasped-hands-over-the-head gesture.The next day, this picture was printed on the front page of US newspapers, which shocked the whole country, and American people became indignant.

Example B

Nixon, the former US President, paid a visit to Brazil. While he was disembarking the plane, he made a gesture of “OK,” which angered and insulted the Brazilians. Nixon finally had to apologize to the Brazilians.

Questions: How do you understand the two examples?

A.

50.[问答题] Case 1

Some years ago, several international businessmen were on a conference cruise when the ship began to sink. “Go to tell those fellows to put on life jackets and jump overboard,” the captain directed his first mate.

A few minutes later the first mate returned. “Those guys won’t jump,” he reported.

“Take over,” the captain ordered, “And I’ll see what I can do.”

Returning moments later, he announced, “They’re gone.”

“How’d you do it?” asked the first mate.    q1647861640
答案

“It old different things to different people. I told the Englishman it was the sporting thing to do, and he jumped. It old the Frenchman it was ____________; I told the German that it was a command ; I told the Italian that it was ____________; I told the Russian that it was ____________; so they jumped overboard.”

“And how did you get the American to jump?”

“No problem,” said the captain. “I told him he was ____________!”

Question:

1. Can you decide to whom each of the following words was actually used by the captain?

A) revolutionary   B) forbidden  C) chic  D) insured

2. If there had been a Chinese businessman onboard, what should the captain say in order to make him jump overboard?

3.What do you think of the story?Does it tell you something that is true of people of those different nations?

A.

51.[问答题] My mother is ill

Can you guess why the policeman went to his superior’s office? What caused the misunderstanding? What should the Chinese policeman say to get what he wanted?

In a police office in Hong Kong, a Chinese policeman (A) came up to his British superior (B).

A: Sir.

B: Yes, what is it?

A: My mother is not very well, sir.

B: So?

A: She has to go into hospital, sir.

B: Well, get on with it. What do you want?

A: On Thursday, sir.

B: Bloody hell, man. What do you want?

A: Nothing, sir.

52.[问答题] Case 2

A Puerto Rican teenage girl in a New York high school was taken to the principal for suspected smoking with a number of other girls. Questioned by the principal, the girl kept looking at the floor and refused to meet his eyes. Although there was no proof of any wrongdoing and although she had a good record, the principal decided that she was guilty and suspected her. “There was something sly and suspicious about her,” he said in his report. “She just wouldn&

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x

上一篇:西南大学2023年3月0856行政组织学在线作业非答案
下一篇:西南大学2023年3月0860中学英语教材分析与设计在线作业非答案
回复

使用道具 举报

2万

主题

3万

帖子

7万

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2023-4-4 09:19:16 | 显示全部楼层
39;t meet my eye. She wouldn&

本帖子中包含更多资源

x
回复

使用道具 举报

2万

主题

3万

帖子

7万

积分

管理员

积分
39;t look at me.”

Questions:

Do you think the girl is guilty or not? And why?

53.[问答题] Case 1

A British Professor’s Posture

While lecturing to his poetry class at A in Shams University in Cairo, a British professor became so relaxed that he leaned back in his chair and revealed the bottom of his foot to the astonished class. The next day, the Cairo newspapers carried headlines about the student demonstration that resulted, and they denounced the British arrogance and demanded that the professor be sent home.

Question:

Why was the locals angry about the British professor&

本帖子中包含更多资源

x
回复

使用道具 举报

2万

主题

3万

帖子

7万

积分

管理员

积分
39;s behavior?

54.[问答题] Have you ever tasted any western food? If yes, what are they?

55.[问答题] Why did Intercultural Communication first start in the US?

56.[问答题] How do you understand the “Belt and Road Initiative” (一带一路)?

57.[问答题] How can you understand people share some similarities and also have differences in nonverbal communication with examples?

58.[问答题] In 1987, a delegation consisting of four Chinese English experts went to Pingyong Foreign Language University to train faculty to be top-level simultaneous interpreters for the 13th International Youth Festival. Of the four experts, two were men and two were women. The two men were dressed in suits with ties and the two women were typically dressed in trousers and their typical business clothes. An authority from Pingyong Foreign  Language University and two Korean interpreters greeted them at the Pingyong Railway Station. Surprisingly, while exchanging a few formal remarks, the two interpreters` eyes consistently observed the two Chinese female teachers’ trousers. The younger teacher, sensed something and repeatedly checked their trousers and shoes to see if they were dirty or marked. About half an hour later, they arrived at the hotel where they would be staying during their mission. The two interpreters showed each of them to their rooms to give them an opportunity to freshen up before the formal introductions. In a couple of minutes, the four Chinese teachers gathered in one of the rooms, where the head of the university and the two interpreters introduced themselves further and briefed them on the training program. While talking, the two interpreters seemed to continue to study the two female teachers` trousers. At first, they thought that the Korean interpreters were too embarrassed to look straight in the eyes of a woman. Later this assumption was proved wrong. The four Chinese teachers remained a bit puzzled and did not know what was going on…

Questions: Why did the two Korean interpreters continue to study the Chinese female teachers’ trousers?

59.[问答题] Greeting Rituals

Why didn’t Dianna tell Lily the prices of her dress and shoes? Why did Dianna leave in a hurry?What should Lily do in greeting and interacting with her business partner?

On her first business trip toBritain, Lily fromChinamet her British counterpart, Dianna:

Lily: Hello, my name is Lily.

Dianna: I’m Dianna.

Lily: I really like your dress. How much did it cost?

Dianna: Well, uh, I, I don’t remember for sure.

Lily: Your shoes are nice too. They look expensive. How much did they cost?

Dianna: I must be going now. See you later.

Lily: Oh, where are you going?

Dianna: Oh, sorry (hurriedly leaves).

Questions: Why didn’t Dianna tell Lily the prices of her dress and shoes? Why did Dianna leave in a hurry?What should Lily do in greeting and interacting with her business partner?

60.[问答题] <strong>Analyze the following cases,and then answer the given questions.</strong>

<p class="MsoNormal"><strong>Case 1 <!--?xml:namespace prefix="o" ns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com
ffice
ffice"--><!--?xml:namespace--></strong>

<p class="MsoNormal"><strong>How would you explain the Director’s behavior toward Katherine? How would you make the Director understand why Katherine felt frustrated and angry?</strong>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-INDENT: 12pt; mso-char-indent-count: 1.0"><strong>Katherine came to <!--?xml:namespace prefix="st1" ns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com
ffice:smarttags"-->Beijing in 1998 and found a job as an English teacher in a foreign language institute. Soon after her classes began, she found that her students showed no interest in her teaching style. Quite a few of them avoided attending her class. She was feeling quite upset and discouraged so she decided to ask the Director, Prof. Wang reviewed his timetable and suggested they meet at ten o` clock on Thursday morning. When Thursday came, Katherine arrived at Prof. Wang` office at the exactly ten o` clock finding him talking with another teacher in Chinese. Seeing that she had come, Prof. Wang smiled and gestured her to sit down. Katherine sat down and the professor excused himself and continued to talk with the other teacher. After five minutes, he finished his conversation, and apologized to Katherine, and began to focus his attention on her situation. Prof. Wang showed great concern and asked her what the problem was. Just as she was discussing her problem, another Chinese teacher interrupted, with a form that required the Director` s signature. The Director smiled, apologized to Katherine again, and turned to talk with the Chinese teacher in Chinese. Katherine became impatient, and wondered why their discussion should be interrupted since she had made an appointment. Also, she was upset and frustrated that they continued to speak Chinese in front of her. Although their talk continued, she was apparently unhappy about what had happened. <!--?xml:namespace--></strong>

<p class="MsoNormal"><strong> </strong>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Case 2

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 147pt; TEXT-INDENT: 21pt; mso-char-indent-count: 1.99"><strong><span style="font-size:16px">Greeting Rituals</span></strong>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><span style="font-size:16px">Why didn’t Dianna tell Lily the prices of her dress and shoes? Why did Dianna leave in a hurry?What should Lily do in greeting and interacting with her business partner?</span>

On her first business trip to Britain, Lily from China met her British counterpart, Dianna:</span>

Lily: Hello, my name is Lily.</span>

Dianna: I’m Dianna.</span>

Lily: I really like your dress. How much did it cost?</span>

Dianna: Well, uh, I, I don’t remember for sure.</span>

Lily: Your shoes are nice too. They look expensive. How much did they cost.</span>

Dianna: I must be going now. See you later.</span>

Lily: Oh, where are you going?</span>

Dianna: Oh, sorry (hurriedly leaves).</span>

<p class="MsoNormal">

附件是答案,转载注明

答案来源:www.ybaotk.com

本帖子中包含更多资源

x
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册